Convert M3U to XML
How to convert m3u files to xml file format.
How to convert m3u to xml file
- No ratings yet.
Using a simple text editor, such as Notepad++, or some specialized software like VLC Media Player, you can convert a M3U Media Playlist to an XML File (.m3u to .xml conversion).
Convert M3U to XML using a Text Editor:
- Use a text editor like Notepad++ and open/load your M3U file.
- Select all (CTRL+A) and copy (CTRL+C) the contents of your M3U file.
- Create a new file in your text editor and save it in XML format.
- Paste (CTRL+V) the contents of your M3U file into the XML file.
- Now, you will need to format the content to fit the XML structure. XML files are structured in a way that uses opening and closing tags.
- Once you have formatted the contents, save your XML file.
Convert M3U to XML using VLC Media Player:
Although VLC Media Player is perfect for exporting playlists (including M3U files) in XML format, their structure might not match your specifications. You can, however, edit the resulting XML file in a text editor to adjust the structure and tags as needed. No particular software exists that can convert M3U to XML directly based on your needs.
You might need to use a programming language like Python or Java to parse the M3U file and write it to an XML file in the required format for more complicated conversions.
Suggested software - m3u to xml converters
A free source code and text editor for Windows